Welcome to Ravenswood Medical Practice
With patients' needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
Blood test update - 23rd October 2020
Disruption to Blood Tests
Problems with an NHS supplier, Roche, has led to a temporary shortage in some chemicals used to process blood tests. This is a national problem and Roche is working hard to resolve this.
We are doing everything we can locally to reduce the impact on you, but unfortunately, we are going to have to postpone some tests. We appreciate how frustrating this is for those of you affected and are doing everything we can to ensure these are rebooked as soon as we know we have sufficient supply.
As a result, we are unable to take certain non-urgent blood tests at this time.
Unfortunately, we are also unable to guarantee processing non-urgent tests sent to us if you have had a blood test done elsewhere.
If you are worried and you have been told your blood test is urgent, please contact the person who referred you who should be able to help you.
We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused. We hope to be able to resume a normal service as soon as possible.
This is a national issue that is beyond our control. We have a team of leaders locally who are liaising with regional and national colleagues.
Please see below our advice for you:
- If you have been told your blood test is urgent, please attend your booked appointment without delay
- If you have been told your blood test is not urgent, please try and re-book in around two weeks’ time.
- If you are not sure whether your test is urgent or not, please get in touch with the GP or consultant who asked you to have the test
- We appreciate this is frustrating for patients and we’re grateful for everyone’s patience while we work hard to resolve this issue. We will keep everyone updated.
- We understand this may cause some concern and worry – if you would like to talk to someone, we would encourage you to get in contact directly with your referrer.
The practice doors are operational using an intercom system. We will only open the doors to those with booked appointments, otherwise you will be turned away. We have supplied a box in the lobby for you to put in your repeat prescription requests. We also have supplied a sample deposit box, please ensure all samples are labelled correctly as per instructions.
This has been put in place for the safety of yourself and others.
click here for Covid-19 information in different languages.
Click here for more Covid-19 information in different languages.
Update 16th July 2020.
Following the release of government guidance regarding the wearing of face masks in various public settings (including the circumstances where an individual might be exempt), practices are reporting increases in requests from patients for letters of exemption. The government guidance on exemptions suggests there is no requirement for evidence for exemption, therefore it should be sufficient for an individual to self-declare this. Practices are not required to provide letters of support for those who fall under the list of exemptions. The responsibility for issuing exemptions is with the transport provider, not GPs – see for example, this information from First Bus and Arriva. Similarly, practices are under no obligation to provide letters of support for anyone who does not fall under the list of exemptions but considers them to have another reason to be exempted.
FLU VACCINATION 2020
- are 65 and over (including those who'll be 65 by 31 March 2021)
- Under 65 who have certain health conditions (Diabetes, Stroke, Heart Disease, Kidney Disease, Chronic Liver Disease, Chronic Respiratory Conditions including asthma, Neurological condition such as Multiple Sclerosis or Cerebral Palsy, if you have had your spleen removed or if you have a problem with your spleen such as Sickle Cell Disease)
- Lowered immunity such as steroid medication or receiving cancer treatment.
- BMI 40 or above
- are pregnant
- are in a long-stay residential care
- receive a carer's allowance, or are the main carer for an older or disabled person who may be at risk if you get sick
- Any patients on the NHS Covid-19 shielded list.
- live with someone who's at high risk from coronavirus (on the NHS shielded patient list)
- frontline health or social care workers
- Children aged 2 and 3 years old on the 31 August 2020 (Fluenz nasal spray)
Please contact reception 01473 271122 to book your flu vaccination.
Feeling anxious or worried about the Coronavirus? Your mental health is important. Here is a link to
In line with national guidance, antibody testing (to see if you have had Coronavirus) is being rolled out in Suffolk and North East Essex in a safe and phased way. It has begun within our hospitals. We will keep you updated as to when this test is available to wider staff and patient groups. Meanwhile, please may we request that you do not ask your GP about availability. This will help us to help you with all other urgent calls. We will make an announcement as soon as we can. Please also note that as this is a new disease we don't yet know if having antibodies means you are immune.
Download here covid-19 for Request for medical certification from absence of work related to the Covid-19 pandemic. This form is to be completed to pass onto their employer.
Please click here for information regarding exercising guidelines for patients with Learning Difficulties and Autism.
Click link here for government website.
Please click here for Healthwatch Suffolk update
Water safety in and around your home
My Care Record enables health and care professionals directly involved in your care to access information about you.
Click here for more information.
Ravenswood Medical Practice would like to thank you all for your thoughts and kind words at this difficult time, which are much appreciated by the practice and staff. Thank you
Click Here to log on to your personal profile. You can book, cancel your appointments, order prescriptions and update your information using this link. Your medical summary can also be viewed using this link.
We would appreciate it if you would take a few minutes to complete our friends and family test. Please click below to start the test. Thank you
click here to take test
Click here for July 2020 survey results
(Site updated 23/10/2020)